Dry cleaning services are extremely useful. When certain fabrics require special treatment, putting them into the hands of experienced professionals ensures that your garments will return to you in great condition. However, in order to minimize risks during the dry cleaning process and ensure all your items get returned to you, you’ll need to prepare your garments properly.
Getting your clothes ready for organic dry cleaners in Phoenix, AZ isn’t difficult, but it does require a little bit of attention. Before you drop off your clothes or have them picked up by a delivery laundry service, make sure you’re doing these seven things:
- Include the right garments: Make sure you’re choosing the right garments to send to the dry cleaners. Check the tags and be sure to include any item that must be dry cleaned, as well as any that are “dry clean recommended” that you deem necessary.
- Empty the pockets: It happens all the time—you stick some loose change or lip balm in your pocket, take off the clothes and forget about it. Then, when your garments get sent to the dry cleaners, the miscellaneous items go, too. While most dry cleaners will check the pockets to make sure nothing is there before cleaning, you may end up losing those items if you don’t remove them beforehand.
- Inspect clothing: Any clothing items that require special handling should be separated from your normal dry cleaning and labeled as such so there is no confusion. This includes any items with worn areas that require extra care, like a broken zipper.
- Remove pet hair: If you own a pet that sheds hair everywhere, take the time to lint roll your clothing before taking it to the cleaners. Removing pet hair takes your cleaner time, and they may even charge you extra for this service.
- Identify stains: Label stains with pins or tape and let your dry cleaner know what caused them when you drop it off or through a written note. This will help them treat them appropriately. Communication about your clothes and their needs will always yield better results.
- Label appropriately: When you pack up your clothes to send in, make sure your items are labeled in a bag with your name and contact information so you get every item back after cleaning.
- Know your schedule: Know your dry cleaning schedule! If you’re dropping items off at the dry cleaners, make sure to take them in soon after wearing them or when stains appear so they can be treated appropriately. If you use a delivery laundry service in Phoenix, AZ, make sure you know when your dry cleaner comes to pick up your clothes so you don’t miss the pickup day.
If you ever have questions about the dry cleaning process or how to make things easier for your cleaners, just ask! Your organic dry cleaners in Phoenix, AZ will be happy to help.
If you have soiled clothing in need of cleaning, visit Organic Dry Cleaners and Laundry. Our full-service dry cleaning and laundry company uses all-organic, non-toxic substances to get your clothes fresh and clean. We also offer a free delivery and pickup service and specialty cleaning to meet all your needs.
This post was written by Writer